Hobby Update - Into the Dark

After getting inspired at the Kill Team event, I bought an Into the Dark Box from Alan. There are all sorts of examples of how people have painted this terrain set. I got inspired by seeing Alan paint his in shades of green, this resembles the view through light amplification goggles. 

I decided to paint my set in the red emergency lighting you see in submarines, aircraft cockpits and some spacecraft (especially those in Red Alert status).

Here is an inspiration picture.


Here is an early WIP shot.
Here was the set laid out for its first game.
The lights and screens are painted white and Pale yellow and then washed with yellow contrast paint.
The terrain is painted Red and highlighted with shades or orange and yellow. It kind of matches some of the colours on the floor. I think this has gone a bit too far into the orange so I might go back and increase the red shades with some red ink or contrast paint.
I need to go back over all of the pieces and check for bits that need some more work. I spotted some bits that need some more yellow on the lights.


Comments

  1. Those look great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its easy to get this done. Its a bot more orange than I was thinking of so I might go back over it with some red contrast paint

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition