My gaming in 2023

 Everyone else is doing a review of what they did in 2023 so I thought I would jump in the back of this APC and remind myself what I got up to.

January

I started the year on a Pulp Era kick. We had talked about doing Pulp era gaming. So while watching clips from Tales of the Golden Monkey I assembled this pacific island village set from Sarissa Precision.


February

February
Alan and I played a mini campaign of 7TV based on the scifi series "V" where reptilian extra-terrestrials arrive at Earth in a fleet of huge spacecraft. Turns out they were here to steal the water and eat the people.

March
Alan and I played a game of Carnevale. I was using the Gifted and Alan was using his Ostrich riders. This game was hilarious and featured many cinematic moments. One of Alan's riders killed one of my elite warriors with his vuvuzella.

April
I repainted some Buzz Lightyear toys into spacecraft terrain. This was one of my first experiments with Starship steak and grime oil wash. This is great for getting into the panel lines and shading them.

May
We played some Legends of the Old West. This uses the mechanics of Lord of the Rings, so its lots of one dice per model needing a 4 or worse to hit, then a 4 or worse to wound and each piece of terrain in the way provides a 4+ invulnerable save. I found it slow when your whole team achieved nothingn in a turn.

June

 Alan and I got into Mars Code Auroa. This is another miniatures agnostic game. It has its own universe but, you can easily amend this to suit the models you are using. I used my Scifi Colony Buildings from Sarissa Precision. I was using my Warlord games Judges and Alan was using his infinity figures. This game is a lot of fun.

July
In July I introduced George and Daniel to Stargrave. We used 40k models so everyone would be selecting models from the same genre. This game was fun and saw the start of a mini campaign.

August
Ed and I played a game of 10th edition 40K. This was my first game. I took my knights out for a spin. Ed had his Imperial Fists. We got through three turns before the game ended. This was an OK game. I will do some work on other armies and when I get something I like I will have some more games.

September
Alan and I started playing some more Stargrave. We used 40k inquisition themed teams. I made out a table using some buildings I made out of scrap polystyrene. This was also the first in-game appearance of my Lightyear spacecraft. 
Alan had made his team out of the models he used to place in Armies on Parade. I felt heartbroken having to try and kill such beautiful models. 

October
Alan and I played another game of Stargrave, this used my shifting maze terraing board. At the start of each player turn that player gets to move one of the rooms and this slides a whole column or row of rooms. This changes the whole board. This is great at splitting up parties and really produces the feel of the AvP maze. This proved to be a great game and a real mind bender.


November
Alan and I played through the 7TV Vlads Army campaign. This is the table for the last stand of the Home Guard. These scenarios felt like episodes from the show but they never really felt like there was much danger of the home guard losing, until Alan's vampires killed 7 models in the first turn. eek.

December

Alan George and I wrapped up our Stargrave Quadrant 37 mini campaign. This took place in a hanger on the station and we had to cross the hanger to get to our ships and escape.

The rival inquisitors managed to suspend their rivalry long enough to engage the Orks and get out from the station.

A quick attack run by some ships, ventilated the atmosphere and left clean-up to void hardened armsmen.

For 2024, we are getting into some Kill Team, the idea is to meet other gamers and expand our group. Club members for the membership god.







 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition