Hobby update - building the space fleet.

I bought some space craft toys from the Lightyear movie. I then repainted them with a scheme inspired by the original Battlestar Galactica series.

The craft are painted in AK interactive Silver Grey. They are then washed with a dark wash I got from Kapiti Hobbies. Once the excess is wiped off it does a good job of a panel line wash. I masked off the canopies and then cleaned off any leakage with a toothpick.
I masked off the red lines with masking tape and then stippled on the red using a couple of different shades.
The upper surface stripes once the masking is removed. You can see the canopies masked.
With the masking on. Doing it this way was quicker than painting specific panels and allowed me to do stripes that don't always follow the panel lines.
I also got this Zurg ship. The canopy is masked off and is a vibrant green underneath. This is a spray gunmetal with a dark washed into the panel lines and the excess wiped off. I have then been highlighting it with Vallejo Air Pale burnt metal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition