Hobby update, making Star Wars themed terrain for Stargrave

I have finished work for the year so I have been working on some terrain for Stargrave out of a polystyrene packing crate that came with a monitor.

I have also been painting some Imperial Assault models. These are nice gaming pieces. They are made in a soft plastic. They remind me of the Airfix model soldiers I used to have as a kid. The soft plastic makes the light sabers a bit bendy but you can straighten them out with some hot water.

This week I have painted the Rancor. This is a huge model in 28 mm scale and is easily capable of eating a model whole. I was inspired to paint this model by Sorastros painting video. He used different inks and glazes over different parts of the model. I used a base coat and highlights over the whole model then applied the inks to different parts. I used a mix of Seraphim Sepia and Fire Dragon Orange on the nose.

Here is Rudolph the red clawed Rancor. Since this photo I have black edged his base. Sorastro has suggested he needs drool so I will have a go.

I have been roughing out some building forms from the monitor box.





This is about finding interesting shapes and then cutting out bits and gluing them together. I can then add more bits from the Mantic Scifi Terrain Crate. They have Doors and details that I can include to add interest to the model. These rough shapes need a sand to smooth out the plaster.

The other thing about Star Wars is that there are a number of different toys and model kits that can help create the immersion in the game. I found some Mission Fleet model vehicles. These are designed for 2.5 inch models but are a bit undersized and so are good for gaming terrain.
I have an advanced Tie Fighter and the Razorcrest. I am painting the Tie in classic series colours rather than the New Order colours it came with.

I also got a Razor Crest. I have not yet started painting this Luke likes playing with it. The blaster cannons shoot missiles. but they look good for gun barrels.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game