Hobby Time - The Apocalypse Week 2

We are now under COVID 19 level 4 containment protocol. Typically there would be a Warlords meeting this weekend however this has been cancelled.

So good news there is more hobby time. Alan Richard and I have been having video hang outs while we paint or model.

I have painted a Lamenters Kill Team. These use the Blood Angel rules. Here is the first team.


Here is the second half of the team. The team is made from a Blood Angel Tactical box and some left over bits from Sternguard and other boxes. This was a first time painting so much Yellow. I was inspired by Vince Venturella to include more shadows into the yellow mix even as far as light rust. 

The Terminator is painted in Death company colours he can be a bit hard to kill and he negates the plamagun effect with a Storm Shield.

I then started to work on some other Kill Teams after finishing the  Lamenters. I was overcome with the desire to paint more yellow so I dug out a Howling Griffon Kill Team and started painting them last night.

I also got out the Marines Errant team, what you don't have one of these as well? These are coming along nicely and I can use the left over yellow and red on the chapter symbol.


This afternoon I got out some of my old Skaven. Some of these models are 25 years old. I worked on rebasing them to the round and oval bases while I was chatting with Alan and Richard. I have a couple of warlord and wizard models and then a couple of points of Hearthguard, some warriors, a couple of destruction teams and a warmachine and then some levies. I have a monster as another option. I need to convert the levy to have slings or bows, then the rats can be the combat levy.


It's nice to have a game I can use my old Warhammer models for and they can also play against some of my Historical Saga armies who can be transported into the age of magic.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game