Exorcising the Contrast Daemons

I bought a pot of contrast paint so I could try them out and see if I liked them. There has been a lot of controversy about them among hobbyists.

I tried out a coat of Blood Drinker red over a coat of Vallejo Game Air Chrome. The chrome is the brightest silver metallic colour I have.


 Here are a couple of WIP shots of my Exorcists Kill Team.

Overall I like the effect. Its quick to do and the metallic base coat shines through the red coat. There is also some extra shading about the creases in the helmet.

The base coat is very unforgiving, any imperfections are visible so preperation of the models will be key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game