Greek Themed Terrain

I got some nice MDF terrain from Sarissa Precision. It took only a week to get here from the UK which is very quick.

I got a farmstead, a mini temple or shrine and a vineyard. I need to add foliage to the vineyard and some grit to the base but its very good.










I have also been making a Greek Style temple. This is for our upcoming Ghost Archipelago game at Call to Arms. But it might also get used for Historical games. This is scratch built out of foam core, extruded plastic sheet and the dome if plastered over a kitchen sieve.
 Here is the initial build

 Here it is after the dome is built and painting is underway


Here is the bottom after some grime is applied. I used craft paints. Ideally I should have used an oil wash. Now I need to add some clump foliage to make it a bit overgrown.


In between being really sick for the last month, I have been building a Hoplite Greek army. This is about 90% plastic. The hoplites are from Warlord Games,  the cavalry and peltasts are from Victrix.
















I now have about 160 Hoplites to make a decent phalanx. I am making the army of the city of Thebes. They rose to power in the Peloponisian war and were the first Greek army to beat the Spartans in a formal battle. Then they fought the Macedonians and were doing all right until the Macedonians found the Thebans had left the back door to their city open.

The Macedonians exploited the small flaw in the Theban plan and the city fell. The Theban army collapsed. The Macedonians then destroyed the city and sold its inhabitants into slavery. This enabled the Macedonians to pay their troops as well as sending an example to all the other cities in Greece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game