Hobby update - projects in parallel


I have been working on some Eldar Rangers to get my 40K hobby going. I have now made up a list so I have something to aim for. I am also building a new Autarch, he has just fallen out of the list but he has been fun to make and paint.
I am also building a unit of Wraithguard with D-Scythes to counterpoint the otherwise small numbers of fragile Eldar.













I also managed to do some work on the Blakes 7 models I got. These are nice simple models that have a good likeness to the cast members. I have gone for a simple gravel base so I can do a traditional deserted quarry setting. I will add some grass tufts and colours to the rocks

The Federation models have separate heads and the security robot has separate arms and weapon hatch. In the show the security bot is equipped with a flame thrower. No stun setting there.

In the background you might be able to glimpse the Wytch warband I am making for Shadow War.

I like having lots of projects on the go at once so I can go where the creative process takes me. I spent too long being shackled to single painting projects with tournament deadlines. I don't find it fun anymore painting to deadlines. Its too much like work and I find it kills the creative process and any therapeutic value.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game