Kill Team - Genestealers - Hungry for more

You know what its like after eating an Aeldari, 30 minutes later you feel like something more.

After a spot of lunch I had a game with Alex and his Novitiates.  We had both played on Octavius terrain in the morning so we a game in the basement of the fortress-scholam the Novitiates call home. 

Here are the Genestealers on the right, we rolled up loot so there would need to be lots of models sitting on objectives pushing buttons. I chose Seek and Destroy, with Eliminate Guards and Rob and Ransack and Rout.
Here the other side of the deployment. The room on the left is interesting, there are no objectives in the room so unless you want to rush across a killing ground there is little or no need to go into that room. I was happy to have that room as no mans land and sit there and push buttons,
Here are a buch of Novitiates on one side, including one with a flamer.
Here is the main group with the head mistress, detention teacher and students. It looks like they are making their main push into the room in-front of them.
The action in this room is swift and Brutal, The Novitates open their door in preparation for an assault with their chainsword wielding penitent. The stealers opened the door, then moved in. I was going to squirt the crossbow chick with ACID. This would allow me to splash all the others. The Novitiates used their faith to blind me with the light of the Emperor. So I targeted the leader instead. My outstanding hit roll was matched by an equally good save roll to the Cannoness was still alive. The crossbow sniper also got splashed for three wounds. I then moved the second stealer in who speared the leader with its flesh hooks.
The novitiates made a move into the room in the middle, so I opened the door and then charged the flamer taking cover behind the barricade. The fight was short and sharp and the Novitiate fell.
Two Genestealers die before the third rips the chainsword wielder to bits

These two Stealers have cleaned out the Novitiate forces on this side, both had taken damage from exploding novitiates and sharpened pencils. We robbed the last one of her notebook. We could hide out and loot the last objectives in the final turn.

This corridor in the middle had been peaceful with one of my stealer cillin behind a barricade and beeping the button.
One of my stealers made it down the central corridor and got to eat one a mace wielding Novitate, who could have been their cook. Their return swing caused me some damage but then the second claw finished her off. This was the only time I managed to trap one of the novitiates near the objectives.

That gave me a win to finish off the day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

7TV Vlads Army - the climax - Battle at the Church

Battlefleet Gothic - game three - mining claim dispute