Hobby update - Air Support

I got inspired and dug out one of my Valkyries. I bought these back when Maelstrom games was going out of business. I had been looking for a good camouflage scheme for years and I found one that I liked. 


In good model plane tradition, I painted the interior. I used some basic acrylic colours and then used an oil wash to tint the interior. I think next time I will use the traditional interior green and then paint the equipment and use some dark brown grime wash.
 
Here is a shot of the cockpit interior. I this shot I have miss positioned the back frame for the front cockpit. I need to do more work on the helmets but there are plenty of helmet designs from Top Gun.

This is the start of the camo, this is a light grey and a medium brown.


This is the first base layer of the green
And from the other side.

I searched around for a nose art logo and painted this. I made this from a series of stencils for each colour. 

I based the nose art on this logo from Frazetta Girls, its traditional that pilots paint things that mean things to them. There were a lot of beautiful women on the sides of planes during WW2.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

7TV Vlads Army - the climax - Battle at the Church

Battlefleet Gothic - game three - mining claim dispute