Hobby update - more skirmish squads

 I have been having fun painting some more squads for Mars: Code Aurora and Stargrave.

George and Daniel wanted to try out Stargrave, I painted up an inquisition crew. No one expects the Imperial Inquisition. The Captain and Lieutenant are Hasslefree, the Recruit at the right front is from Raging Heroes. I lost her arm when I was gluing her to her base, so she got a quick bionic arm. Most of the troopers are from the original Imperial guard box, upgraded with Cadian arms. The bodyguard is a mix of Chaos Marauder body, Cadian command squad arms and Cadian legs. The emo head is an Eldar guardian.
I found some models I made a while back from Frostrgrave cultist bodies with different weapon arms, these are the ruffians that are up to no good. Trafficking with Xenos and Heretics is forbidden for good reason.
I bought some Star Trek Federation models. These are resin 3D prints and come from the Away Team Red range. The only drawback with these models is they don't have a slot and some of the models only have one foot on the ground. So some models have a quick insert of a tactical rock. I am going for a generic barren planet which showed up in a lot of episodes. The bridge crew have uniforms from the movie era. 
You can't have a federation away team without some Klingons. These are called Dorngons probably to avoid a copyright claim but also in honour of Michael Dorn who played Worf for many, many years.
I also got a squad from Crooked Dice. These are called Time Lift Security but they make great Spectrum team members. I also bought a Dinky Toys SPV to be a vehicle for these guys. These could make a squad for Stargrave or Mars Code Aurora.

So next week I want to finish these three squads and get the SPY into the acid bath ready for painting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition