Avalance of muscle - Ogre air cavalry

After painting my Imperial Guard Kill team, I got inspired to make some other models for that army. over the weekend I made a Valkyrie assault transport and now I have been making some Ogre assault infantry to go in them. You can get 4 Orgyns into a Valkyrie. Hagen kindly gave me some spare custodes shields so now my Ogres have some nice looking assault shields, these could either be the Slab shields or Brute shields. I need to have a second type of shield so I can field units with a mix of high armour and invulnerable save models.




These will then be supported by the IG infantry and Storm Troopers.

I drew inspiration for this army from the 2000AD Rogue Trooper stories, this force is the Norts a totalitarian regime rather like the Imperium in the 40K universe. Anything is acceptable in achieving final victory. I find it rather useful to have other sorts of material for inspiration. Whether it is the GW books or youtube channels or a great art book, its all important to have plenty of ideas to help the project to still be fun during the dark times of half way through.

Here is a shot of the Kill Team, these are all metal models I bought from Alan 10+ years ago. Ideally I'd have 4 plasma guns on the storm troopers and flamers on the normal infantry but I don't have any flamers on the basic guys.

I also got some more terrain from Death Ray Designs, they are new Canadian company that have entered the MDF market. last year I bought a set of their terrain last year to give me a set of walls for the Necromunda tiles. The new terrain contains some original pieces that expand your options for different looks and room types.

Here are a couple of shots of one of the larger new pieces. This is a large circular hatch, the door lifts out leaving a large access hole. The door reminds me of an airlock door from Deep Space 9.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game