Knight Household - Dragons march to war

Work is progressing on building my Knight Household army for 40K. This army is quite different to the ones I already have. It also represents an opportunity to stretch my modelling and painting skills.

Here are my three Knights, I have an Errant, a Paladin and a Warden. I have magnetised the weapons which is something I have not tried before. I managed to get two magnets in the wrong way round so they needed some remedial action.

It is trickier than it looks ot get the magnets lining up just right.






I also bought some metal colour paints to try airbrushing I probably have not used the Airbrush in 30 years so that will be fun.

 I have been making some bases for the army. I have tree bark to provide the rocky texture and sand to provide a basis for the dirt and snow.

Here are my Infantry. These models are also 30 years old. their job is to run along behind the knights and increase the body count around objectives. They can also prevent the knights from getting swamped by hordes for a critical turn or two.

They function like the chariot runners of old running behind their nobles on their chariots.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby update, Sons of Death, Crusaders and Inquisition

Stargrave 40k - "we just got our asses kicked man"

Frostgrave - Second game